It has been a while since my last submission. Actually, it's been so long that I didn't find out the NG Alpha-section doesn't work until I filled in the whole thing!
So anyway, after 5 long years I've finally started on the final episode of the MMBN: The Darkpower Series and here are the answers to the questions in the Alpha-section! ;)
1. What is the story behind your latest creation?
It's the final episode in the pentalogy (5 episodes, total), so we'll find out what happens to Megaman(2), Protoman, Colonel, Lan, Chaud, Baryl and of course Dr. Wily when the Navi's push on, trying to get the original Megaman back to normal.
2. Who or what inspired you to begin your production?
My last submission was in 2006, which was MMBN: The Darkpower 4. A few weeks ago I stumbled upod the movies when I came across the NG Video Game Parodies-section. I took the time to watch all my uploaded movies and I noticed that I never got to finishing the series. So after 5 years I decided to get to it.
3. How long have you been working on it, and when do you expect to finish?
I've been working on it for about 2 weeks now, but since I want to give the viewers what they deserve (since they had to wait about 5 years for it) I'm really trying to do my best to top all previous episodes.
4. Do you feel that this is better than your previous work? If so, why?
I hope so. I'm really trying to raise the bar over the submissions from 2006. Of course because I'm older now, but also because I want to see how far I can take the skills I had then, and the skills that I have now.
5. Do you feel that this is something original? What have you done to make your creation different?
Of course it IS a sprite movie, but I've tried to keep the story from using any actual MMBN-related topics. And since there still aren't too many Megaman Battle Network sprite movies, I hope that I'm being original enough. :)
6. What has given you the most difficulty during the development process of your new creation?
Finding all the necessary parts for the movie. Of course, shortly after I uploaded MMBN: The Darkpower 4, my computer crashed and I lost all sprite sheets, custom sprite sheets, music, sound effects, etc. So I've been busy trying to get my hands on the stuff I deemed necessary to make this movie.
7. Have you learned new techniques from making this, and do you plan to use them in the future?
I'm trying to add more detail to the animation, so I'm using a lot of layers to try and add some production value. But you'll see that when it's finished. ;)
8. Besides Flash, did you pull any other programs into the mix to deliver your desired effect?
Cool Edit Pro 2.0, for editing and optimizing the audio.
Paint, for editing a LOT of sprites and logo's.
9. How do you feel this creation will measure up to other submissions on Newgrounds?
I hope it'll get a nice score. The previous episodes scored mostly between 3.9 and 4.1, so I'm trying to aim for that. Also, winning another Portal Award would be nice too!
10. Any final thoughts or anything else you would like to say?
I'm working on it as fast as I can, so I hope that you'll enjoy the movie!
Thanks for reading!